The LM2575 circuit is a simple step down dc regulated switching IC that can use to output current of 1A and voltage of 3.3V, 5V, 12V,15V ,and also an adjustable output.
Voltage Step Down Converter Circuit With IC LM2575
Parts List For Step Down Converter Circuit
IC LM2575 1.0 A, Step-Down Switching Regulator
The LM2575 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits ideally suited for easy and convenient design of a step−down switching regulator (buck converter).
All circuits of this series are capable of driving a 1.0 A load with excellent line and load regulation.
These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5.0 V, 12 V, 15 V, and an adjustable output version.
These regulators were designed to minimize the number of external components to simplify the power supply design. Standard series of inductors optimized for use with the LM2575 are offered by several
different inductor manufacturers.
Since the LM2575 converter is a switch−mode power supply( Step Down Voltage Converter Circuit), its efficiency is significantly higher in comparison with popular three−terminal linear regulators, especially with higher input voltages.
In many cases, the power dissipated by the LM2575 regulator is so low, that no heatsink is required or its size could be reduced dramatically.
The LM2575 features include a guaranteed ±4% tolerance on output voltage within specified input voltages and output load conditions, and ±10% on the oscillator frequency (±2% over 0°C to 125°C).
External shutdown is included, featuring 80 A typical standby current. The output switch includes cycle−by−cycle current limiting, as well as thermal shutdown for full protection under fault conditions.
Why This Step down circuit is Best
1. There is fixed voltage output of 5V
2. Not heat, High effciency so use a smaller heat sink.
3. Output current of 1A load with excellent line and load regulation
4. Wide input voltage range 40V to 60V( HV-IC types) better than LM317.
5. Needs only 4 outside parts. see in Circuit Diagram
6. Uses readily available standard inductors.
7. It has a -/+ 4% max over line and load conditions.
8. 52 kHz fixed frequency internal oscillator
10. Thermal shutdown and current limit protection.